Prepare your trip
Cooperation is the fastest way to board
Because security is a priority, all passengers and crew must pass the security check. These procedures are mandatory, even if your flight is about to take off. So, be sure to arrive at the airport with enough time to ensure you learn what you need to make everything faster and more efficient.
For more information or clarification on security screening, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How should I prepare for security screening?
You can speed up your passage through the security checkpoint by preparing in advance. Bring your documents and boarding pass in your hand and use the plastic boxes to place your personal belongings:
1. Take out any laptops and/or other electronic devices from their bag;
2. Transfer all items from your trousers or shirt pockets (coins, keys, cell phone, etc.) to your jacket or coat pockets. If not applicable, place them in the trays provided;
3. Take off your jacket/coat and place it in one of the plastic trays;
4. Declare and separate any liquids: When carrying liquids, place them in your hand baggage, in an authorised transparent plastic bag. See restrictions on liquids;
5. Remove your belt and/or shoes, as requested by the security staff.
You must also ensure that you are not carrying any forbidden items.
What is security screening?
The security screening screens items carried by passengers in their clothing and/or hand baggage.
Generally, it consists of the passenger passing through a walk-through-metal-detector and their hand baggage being scanned with X-ray equipment. Passengers and their baggage may also be subjected to screening with Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) equipment.
What is the explosive trace detector (ETD)?
It is a device that analyses nano-particles on a sample collected from the passenger or their baggage.
This type of screening may be requested randomly of any passenger at the security checkpoint, and does not replace any other procedure. It is a non-invasive screening, without any harmful effects for people, animals or transported goods.