Getting to and from the Airport
Arriving or departing, it will take where you need to go.
Located less than 3 km from the city of Ponta Delgada, Airport John Paul II offers several options to take you to your destination. Just choose the option that is best suited to your needs and, in a short while, you'll be feeling right at home.
You can find them at Arrivals.
With frequent departures from the airport, this bus ensures the connection between the main sites of Ponta Delgada, such as Av. Príncipe do Mónaco, Rua de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, Rua João Melo Abreu (Calheta), Av. Dom João III, São Gonçalo, Antero de Quental, and Ramalho.
The ANC Aerobus is a shuttle and private transfer service, which operates between João Paulo II Airport and the city of Ponta Delgada, in passenger transport vehicles such as buses, minibuses, 9-seaters and special cars. This service meets the need for a circular circuit and more widespread passenger transport services in the city of Ponta Delgada.
Every day 08:00 - 00:00
In case of absence please contact: +351 967 309 909
Adult (up to 3 persons):
- One-way ticket: €8.00 (after 4th person + 4.00€)
- Round-trip ticket: €14.00 (after 4th person + 4.00€)
Children up to 11 years old: Free
Seniors over 64 years of age and Azores residents (up to 3 persons):
- One-way ticket: €7.00 (after 4th person + 3.00€)
- Round-trip ticket: €12.00 (after 4th person + 3.00€)
Monthly cards: 30 consecutive days: €65.00, for continuous use and unlimited travelling. This card is not transferable.
Private services: Upon quote request.
Transfers Minibus Tours:
- Airport – Ponta Delgada and Ribeira Grande – €20.00/pax (minimum 10 pax)
- Airport – Lagoa, Água de Pau and V. Franca – €20.00/pax (minimum 10 pax)
- Airport – Nordeste – €30.00/pax (minimum 10 pax)
- Airport – Povoação – €35.00/pax (minimum 10 pax)