Environment & Sustainability
- Environment at ANA
- Our airports
- Our commitments
- Our environmental management
Our environmental management
The aim of ANA’s Integrated Management System is to facilitate appropriate integration of Environmental Management into the company's overall operations.
This process makes it possible to define and implement organisational rules, guiding the operation of the entire company in line with environmental needs. Through this campaign, ANA intends to ensure:
• The application of the regulatory requirements recommended in the Integrated Management System, with a particular focus on Environmental Management;
• The identification of the applicable legal requirements and an analysis of legal conformity;
• The identification and assessment of the environmental aspects and impacts associated with the companies activities;
• The definition of strategic environmental management goals and ensuring the targets are set annually and campaigns and resources planned for compliance with these;
• The identification and application of procedures and actions aimed at minimising significant negative environmental impacts;
• Monitoring, reporting and disclosure of the company's environmental management. Of note in this area are internal and external audits and environmental monitoring visits from third parties;
• Holding periodic meetings with environmental management experts, with the aim of fostering interaction between the different ANA technical staff, carrying out internal benchmarking, standardising practices and procedures and an integrated analysis of any non-conformities found in order to resolve them.
Certified since 2008 according to ISO 14001, ANA's environmental management is based on a continuous improvement cycle.
Through a sustainable development logic, ANA's environmental policy defines the commitments and priority action areas, based on the principles of:
- Continuous improvement of company processes;
- Minimising its carbon footprint;
- Proactive identification of opportunities to reduce energy consumption;
- Environmental protection and conservation;
- Reducing the impact of the company’s activities;
• Sharing best practices:
- Promoting the principle of minimising impacts among third parties;
- Involving the different stakeholders in ANA in the company's sustainability strategy.
The company's Strategic Environmental Action Plans and its Medium and Long-Term Goals are developed from the “Environmental Strategy at ANA”.
Associated with the three priority environmental areas - Energy and Climate Change, the Circular Economy and Waste Management and Natural Resources - ANA has undertaken, by 2030, to:
• Reduce its carbon footprint by 50% (compared to the absolute values in 2018);
• Improve its accreditation levels in Airport Carbon Accreditation: Level 4 (transformation) and Level 4+ (neutrality);
• Achieve Level “Zero” in waste sent to landfills;
• Reduce water consumption by half – reaching 10.7 L/person;
• Obtain ISO 14001 certification in all ANA group airports;
• Preserve biodiversity and promoting risk control, particularly birdstrikes.
ANA’s environmental management takes into account the goals defined in AIRPACT, implemented in all airports in the VINCI network.